My sweet littles

My sweet littles

Cy and Lila

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Year of Answered Prayers....

One year ago today, was the due date of our first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. And, one year ago today, we found out that we were pregnant with our precious Cy Wesley!!! What a tremendous year it has been filled with innumerable answers to prayer. It's truly amazing and humbling to look back and see God's hand at work through times of heartache & pain, as well as unimaginable joy! God is so good!!! What a privilege to serve an active, living and powerful God who gives so generously & abundantly, in his perfect time! I am often comforted and encouraged by the words of a song by Casting Crowns that says,

I was sure by now, God, that you would have reached down
and wiped our tears away
stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls, I barely hear you whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you."
and as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
___________________________________________________
And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried,
you hold in your hand
you never left my side
and though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm.


Okay, following that great big praise...here are Cy's 4 month stats:
Head Circumference: 16.3" (50%)

Weight: 14 lbs 15 oz (55%)

Height: 25.7" (90%)!!!!

After a few minutes of crying accompanied by great big alligator tears following his vaccinations, Cy perked right up & is now napping comfortably. Mom, on the other hand, is still a bit shaken. I have a feeling that shots are going to grow increasingly difficult until Cy is old enough to be comforted by the promise of a special treat afterward. I am, however, so thankful for the protection they provide.

5 comments:

Jill said...

he is just so precious. i almost think it's worse when scarlett gets shots because she works herself up just thinking about them!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! Judd crys from the moment they call us back until we leave the office! We find out next week pink or blue. I will be sure to let you know! Have a great weekend!

Jaime said...

Precious, Hollie. I am so happy for your blessings! God really does have perfect timing even when we cannot see.

Hattie said...

This is a very sweet post. We do serve a loving God.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

God is SO GOOD!! I am so happy for you guys. Oh, and just so you know...shots do continue to get more difficult, unfortunately, even when you can promise a treat. :-(