My sweet littles

My sweet littles

Cy and Lila

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Introducing Lila Grace Epperson!!!



Lila Grace Epperson arrived at 8:05 pm last night, weighing 5 lbs, 15 oz and measuring 19" in length. Dr. Owen recommended that we go ahead and help my labor along Monday afternoon when I measured 3 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and Lila had dropped into position for delivery at my last OB check-up Monday morning. I had been experiencing some contractions throughout the day on Saturday & Sunday. Travis and I were admitted at 2 pm. At 4 pm, I had dilated to 4 cm and my epidural was placed. Dr. Owen broke my water and started the Pitocin at 5:30. I was measuring 5 cm dilated at 7 o'clock & when they checked me one hour later, our nurse was surprised to find that I was completely dilated and instructed me not to push until they could get Dr. Owen! After a single push & a giggle, our little lady was born at 8:05 pm. Strangely enough, both of my children were born the day before their scheduled inductions! Lila is absolutely perfect in every way, and Travis, Cy & I are completely smitten with her! Thank you, Lord for a quick & healthy delivery, and most importantly the health of the newest addition to our family! We are extremely blessed! Here are several pics of the events of our baby girl's special day! Happy Birthday, Lila Grace!!!










My fabulous OB, Dr. Jennifer Owen...LOVE HER!






Mimi with Hattie (L) & Lila (R)...




Lila with her big cousin, Ellie...

3 comments:

Alli said...

She's so beautiful - and so are you, by the way. Way to rock the new mom look!

sam and brittney said...

Congrats you guys!! She is beautiful!

Jill said...

congratulations!