My sweet littles

My sweet littles

Cy and Lila

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Garden in Bloom...

When we moved into our new house, there were only a few Indian Hawthorne bushes still living in our front flower beds. So my brother helped me create a cottage style landscape design and my grandmother and I went to work! To say that completely landscaping a new yard on a year where it fails to rain...EVER, would be a major understatement. It has been really challenging, but Travis and I are so pleased with the results. Granted all the plants are new and pretty small, but we can envision what the fruits of our labor will look like next Spring. :)

Here are the before pictures. Like I said, we pulled up all but 3 Indian Hawthorne's from the original beds.


















...and after.
















A few of my garden favorites...
"Dallas Red" Crape Myrtle...I LOVE this tree!

















"Homestead Purple" Verbena













"May Night" Salvia
















"Rosy Glow" Barberry













Hollyhocks

















Maiden Grass














"Valentine" & "Marie Pavie" Antique Roses



0 comments: