My sweet littles

My sweet littles

Cy and Lila

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Braised Brisket


Oh, how I do adore Ree Drummond, aka...The Pioneer Woman.  Travis and I love the vast majority of the recipes that we've tried from her cookbooks & website, and this Braised Brisket recipe is no exception.  I have to admit that I have never cooked a brisket.  I'm not really sure what exactly intimidated me about it, but let me tell you, it doesn't get any easier than this!  Delicious and  the leftover brisket is fantastic on sandwiches.  This is officially my go to brisket recipe!

Pioneer Woman's Braised Brisket

Ingredients

  • 2 cans Beef Consomme
  • 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
  • 1-1/2 cup Soy Sauce
  • 5 cloves Chopped Garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke
  • 10 pounds Beef Brisket

Preparation Instructions

Combine first five ingredients in large roasting pan (a disposable is just fine). Place brisket in the marinade, fat side up. Cover tightly with foil. Marinate in refrigerator for 24-48 hours. When ready to cook, place pan covered in foil into a 300-degree oven. Cook brisket for approximately 40 minutes per pound.
When fork-tender, transfer whole brisket to a cutting board. Slice against the grain and place slices back into the cooking liquid. Serve immediately, spooning juice over the slices. Barbeque sauce may be used, if preferred.
You may store pan in fridge for up to two days or freeze for use at a later date. If fat collects and hardens at the top, remove and discard.
Brisket is great with mashed potatoes, with the juice spooned over the top. It’s also great on a sandwich with melted cheese.

0 comments: