My sweet littles

My sweet littles

Cy and Lila

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Prayers for The Tidwell Family....

Please join me in praying for our friends, the Tidwells. Todd and Robyn had to make the heartbreaking decision to discontinue life support for their precious 15-month-old baby girl, Gracie and allow her to receive true healing in the arms of the Lord. Pray for peace and comfort for this sweet family (including Gracie's older sisters, Callie & Kadee) during this extremely difficult time. You can read their story at http://www.tidwellhotspot.com/.

I cannot imagine the strength, faith and bravery this would take as a parent, and it makes me want to hold on to my baby boy and never let him go....if only I could protect him from every worry of this life. But in this moment, I am reminded & comforted by the words of the song "Hold on to Jesus" by Erin O'Donnell.

You're a little piece of heaven, you're a golden ray of light.
And I wish I could protect you from the worries of this life.
If there's one thing I could tell you, it's no matter what you do,
Hold on to Jesus, he's holding onto you.

Hold on to Jesus, and cling to his hands.
Rest deep in his mercy whenever things get rough.
Don't lose sight of his goodness, and don't ever doubt his truth.
When you hold on to Jesus, he's holding on to you.

Hear me, dear Jesus, rock this little one to sleep.
Keep him close when he is scared
And give him Grace when he's weak.
I know he will stumble, but I know he'll make it through.
If you hold on to him, just like you said you'd do.

Hold on to Jesus, Robyn & Todd. I know that he is holding on to your precious Gracie!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Prayers and thoughts always. Todd is my cousin and my heart is just breaking for them.

Love Always, Jamie Tidwell Downen