My sweet littles

My sweet littles

Cy and Lila

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

Busy Momma Recipe: My Favorite Brownies

Alright, busy mommas...if you are a fan of yummy, gooey, fudgy brownies with icing, these brownies are calling your name! This recipe is DANGEROUS...in fact, so dangerous that I rarely bake them myself for fear that I will not be able to withstand the temptation to eat the entire pan in one setting. I do savor every bite, however, when my mother-in-law makes them ;)

My Favorite Brownies
2 squares chocolate (or 4 Tbsp. cocoa & 2 Tbsp oil)
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. pecans or walnuts
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Melt chocolate squares w/ butter. Add sugar & eggs- beat one at a time. Sift flour, baking powder & salt. Add nuts to flour mixture, if desired. Add vanilla. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 min.

Icing:
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
box powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
hot coffee

Melt first 3 ingredients then add slightly more than half a box of powdered sugar. Add vanilla & enough hot coffee to get desired consistency.

Enjoy!

0 comments: